Date:      Sun, 16 Jul 2000 12:18:58 +0200
From:      Udo Schweigert <ust@cert.siemens.de>
To:        SADA Kenji <sada@bsdclub.org>
Cc:        bmc@WillsCreek.COM, ports@FreeBSD.ORG, nectar@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: sysutils/fileutils

On Sun, Jul 16, 2000 at 18:49:34 +0900, SADA Kenji wrote:
> I've checked in sysutils/fileutils
> <http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=16638>;
> and now misc/gnuls may have to be removed.
> Do you have any comment with this ?

I just checked misc/gnuls and to me it appears as a complete subset of
sysutils/fileutils, with one exception: you have to use gls instead of gnuls,
and the three other binaries from misc/gnuls are installed with a g-prefix.

This means: there are no programs which are overinstalled by one of the ports,
but since gnuls is contained within fileutils it could be removed, also since
the main reason for gnuls - at least to my impression - was color support,
which is no part of the base system (>= 4.1-RELEASE)

Regards.
--
Udo Schweigert, Siemens AG   | Voice      : +49 89 636 42170
ZT IK 3, Siemens CERT        | Fax        : +49 89 636 41166