Date:      Mon, 8 Apr 2002 14:01:32 -0700
From:      Brooks Davis <brooks@one-eyed-alien.net>
To:        George Michaelson <ggm@garlic.apnic.net>
Cc:        Brooks Davis <brooks@one-eyed-alien.net>, freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: rc.conf, pccard_ether and ifconfig_<if>

--gBBFr7Ir9EOA20Yy

On Tue, Apr 09, 2002 at 06:43:47AM +1000, George Michaelson wrote:
>=20
> wow! if I'd known ifconfig did the same stuff as the <if>control tool I'd
> have been there already.

The wicontrol and ancontrol manpages should probably be updated to
suggest that people not use them unless they really need to.  I'd
actually like to rip out the functionality that's just duplicated.

> this would still go in start_if and stop_if files, right?

Yah, because DHCP is a magic value in ifconfig_<if> and you can't pass
it along with other arguments.  Otherwise you could do wireless
configuration in one hugh command line.

-- Brooks

--=20

--gBBFr7Ir9EOA20Yy