Date:      Tue, 24 Nov 2015 03:18:45 +0800
From:      "Euan Thoms" <euan@potensol.com>
Subject:   MAKEFLAGS caused temporary insanity

So OpenSIPS has one of those obstinate make tools that make it difficul=
t to make a port. I have to override do-confugure, do-build and do-inst=
all.

When upgrading the port from v2.1.0 to v2.1.1 it failed to build. Initi=
ally I thought it needed some new patching. But eventually I found that=
 it built fine manually (using gmake and gcc) from the ${WRKSRC} direct=
ory.

After many hours of battling with it, and nearly giving up, I found my =
solution. It was frustrating because I was usign "make configure" from =
the port directory, but "make build" would fail with a compiler error. =
But yet if I cd into ${WRKSRC} and run "CC=3Dgcc48 gmake -j8 all" it bu=
ilt fine. Essentially nothing was different from the way the port built=
 it to doing it manually.

Eventually I decided the only difference had to be the environment vari=
ables. After comparing them and adding the port make env varibales to m=
y manual build shell session, it also failed. The env variable was MAKE=
FLAGS. It must have not played nice with the OpenSIPS make files.

So, to solve I now use 'unset' in do-build:

do-build:
        cd ${WRKSRC} && unset MAKEFLAGS && ${OPENSIPS=5FMAKE=5FENV} ${G=
MAKE} ${=5FMAKE=5FJOBS} ${ALL=5FTARGET}

And everything works great again. Is this an acceptable solution / work=
around?

--
Regards, Euan Thoms