Date:      Sat, 28 Oct 2000 15:58:48 -0700
From:      Gary Kline <kline@thought.org>
To:        Juha Saarinen <juha@saarinen.org>
Cc:        Gary Kline <kline@thought.org>, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: thttpd config file

On Sun, Oct 29, 2000 at 11:28:37AM +1300, Juha Saarinen wrote:
> %->     It's  been a year since I lost my apache setup; now it's time
> %->     to get back into some HTTP server and I'm trying thttpd to get
> %->     back into things-HTTP.  There is no sample config file that is
> %->     `useful' for thttpd.  Can some web savvy -stable user send me
> %->     his httpd.conf file?
>
> Went back to Apache because I needed SSL support etc. for Courier... does
> thttpd actually use an httpd.conf file? There's none in the package I have
> here, and it isn't mentioned at www.acme.com/software/thttpd.

     Well (*sigh*), as happens 4 out of 5 times, I found the sample
     config file just 37 seconds after the locate database finished.
     It's in /usr/local/etc/thttpd.conf.sample; evidently the make install
     mv'd the file from the work/<target>/* directory.

     I'll retry apache eventually--when I go DSL.  thttpd will help
     me debug the mysteries of webcvs and more.

     gary

--
   Gary D. Kline         kline@tao.thought.org          Public service Unix