Date:      Sat, 14 Jan 2012 11:21:02 +0100
From:      Dick Hoogendijk <dick@nagual.nl>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: upgrade from 8.2 to 9.0

Op 13-1-2012 15:00, Polytropon schreef:
> On Fri, 13 Jan 2012 14:42:03 +0100, Dick Hoogendijk wrote:
>> I possible I want my server to upgrade from 8.2-RELEASE to 9.0-RELEASE.
>> I guess the binary upgrade will not be a problem with "freebsd-update -r
>> 9.0-RELEASE fetch" If so, I do like to hear the caveats.
> Source update also shouldn't be a problem.
> Setup your CVS "supfile" to get the 9.0-RELEASE
> sources and follow the instructions in the
> handbook and in /usr/src/Makefile's comment
> header.
I will use the binary upgrade path. It seems easier for a non high-tech
system ;-)
My system is running ZFS on root now, so I would very much like to hear
if the binary upgrade through freebsd-update works well for such a
system (w/ zfs on root). I don't want to get stuck with a system that
won't boot again because something goes wrong with zfs.