Date:      Tue, 03 Aug 1999 09:18:14 -0700
From:      Roy Bettle <rbettle@criterion-group.com>
To:        James Gill <gill@topsecret.net>
Cc:        FreeBSD-Newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: tetris! (RE: basic info on freebsd needed...)

--------------7D8B481B4CC73D58270BE6A5

The thing I love about the install that I have NEVER seen with any other NOS
(pre-2.x Linux, WinNT, Novell and LANTastic) is the ability to troubleshoot
IRQ/DMA/etc. conflicts BEFORE you begin the install.  MAN!  That was cool.

As for Tetris, I would like to know how to get it running during the install.
Actually, nevermind ... what I REALLY need to do is keep reading the manual ...
:-|

RAB

James Gill wrote:

> ->  In a nutshell, I inserted the CD, booted the machine, answered about a
> ->  dozen questions, then played Tetris until I saw a message
> ->  saying that the
> ->  install was complete (yes - Tetris is included in the install program to
> ->  allow users to kill time while it copies files and compiles the kernel).
> ->  The whole procedure took less than half an hour and was so amazingly
> ->  simple I couldn't believe it.  For users looking for a stable, reliable
> ->  and easy-to-install OS for their desktop, I definitely
> ->  recommend Caldera's
> ->  OpenLinux.  I think that anyone considering tackling the
> ->  desktop OS market
> ->  would do well to examine this installation procedure.
> ->
>
> ha!  that's a riot!  imagine the reaction of someone who is trying UNIX for
> the first time, expecting a lot of confusing work and ....tetris!
>
> i have not "set up" x in FreeBSD, but only installed it on one machine ...
> it was NOT hard, really simple even (through /stand/sysinstall) to put in
> x/enlightenment.  (though, never having been in an x environment before,
> once i got into it it was kind of confusing)
>
> my $.02

--------------7D8B481B4CC73D58270BE6A5

begin:vcard
n:Bettle;Roy
tel;work:(949) 452-1203
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:http://www.criterion-group.com
org:Criterion Group, Inc.
version:2.1
email;internet:rbettle@criterion-group.com
title:President
note:Businesses that depend on computers, depend on us.
adr;quoted-printable:;;26895 Aliso Creek Road=0D=0ASuite B404;Aliso Viejo;CA;92656;USA
fn:Bettle, Roy
end:vcard