Date:      Wed, 29 Mar 2000 08:46:42 -0800 (PST)
From:      Mark Kent <mark@noc.mainstreet.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Xwin32

>> I'm trying to get xwin32 to run X remotely on my win box. Using rsh I
>> never get the chance to enter a password for my login.

== Did you allow yourself in to your account via rsh?

Which is a good question...  you (David) should separate potential
xwin32 issues from other issues.  If you allow telnet into the freebsd
box then telnet in from the win box and do

setenv DISPLAY x.y.z.w:0.0
xterm

where x.y.z.w is your win box IP address.
If that doesn't work then make sure you are
actually running xwin32 on the win box...

I just did exactly the above on 4.0-release, displaying onto
a Win98 box and it works just fine.

-mark