Date:      Thu, 29 Apr 1999 11:30:43 +1000 (EST)
From:      Rob Hurle <rob@coombs.anu.edu.au>
To:        FreeBSD-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   S3 Trio3D card

Dear All,

	Has anyone been able to get the S3 Trio3D card working?  I am
using FreeBSD 2.2.8 (out of the box).  The XFree web site says that this
card is not yet supported, and a driver is being worked on.  I can get it
going with the XF86_VGA16 driver, but only in 640x480 mode.  Does anyone
have advice as to how to do better than this, say with the XF86_SVGA
driver.  Or, should I just wait, or change the card?  Thanks for any
advice.

Cheers,

Rob Hurle
	Rob Hurle			     rob@coombs.anu.edu.au
	Connect-A			      Tel: +61 2 6247 2397
	PO Box 13			      Fax: +61 2 6248 8905
	Ainslie  ACT  2602		      Mobile: 0417 293 603
	Australia