Date:      Wed, 2 Oct 2002 00:04:13 -0500
From:      Lee Gold <goldtech@worldpost.com>
To:        oberman@es.net
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: unix locate cmd

>Subject: Re: unix locate cmd
>   From: "Kevin Oberman" <oberman@es.net>
..snip....

>Also, locate.updatedb runs as nobody so it will only index directories
>and files with other read access.

Oh. Maybe this is why even newbie questions  are supposed to be
posted here. So security issues for a new user (or any user) can be
pointed out by those in the know.

Ok. Would I repair the security of my locate db by running:
/etc/periodic/weekly/310.locate
right now?

would it overwrite the existing db and not just "add" to it?

Thank you.