Date:      Sun, 6 Nov 2005 13:42:35 +0100 (CET)
From:      Svein Halvor Halvorsen <svein-freebsd-questions@theloosingend.net>
To:        Mohan Singh <mohansingh68@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: suspend works, but resume doesn't on Dell desktop

* Mohan Singh [2005-11-06 00:52 -0000]
>  > > How can I get resume to work properly?
>  >
>  > On my ThinkPad R51 I put
>  >
>  > acpi_video_load="YES"
>  > hw.acpi.reset_video=0
>  > hw.syscons.sc_no_suspend_vtswitch=1
>
>  Thanks for the suggestion. I tried it, but the issue persists. =-(

I have a Dell Latitude X300, and was experiencing a similar problem. I
just tried the suggested fix, and it did get me alot closer. I was able to
resume my laptop from suspense, but the screen went garbled. After some
googling, I tried increasing hw.acpi.sleep_delay, and found a value of 3
to be the magic that was missing.

Now, I just have one more problem:

When closing the lid on my laptop, while in X, and opening it again, the
~50 topmost pixels are garbled and the entire view is shifted down.
Switching to console and back seem to fix it. Any takes?

Svein Halvor