Date:      Tue, 30 Nov 2004 22:39:08 +0800
From:      Irvin Piraman <ippiraman@gmail.com>
To:        =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Juli=E1n_Herrera?= <listas.julianherrera@globo.com>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Problem while installing FreeBSD 5.3 - ata0-master : FAILURE ATA IDENTIFY

This has been an open issue since 5.2.1 and still present on
5.3-RELEASE. It usually works for when I select safe mode during
installation. If not try using with ACPI disabled. Once you are
finished with the install you'll have to do some workaround.

http://www.freebsd.org/releases/5.2.1R/errata.html

I know the link is old, but it'll help you somehow.

I don't why this issue is not listed on 5.3 errata.

HTH