Date:      Tue, 28 May 2002 21:59:18 +0200
From:      Vincent TOUGAIT <viny@gcu-squad.org>
To:        FREEBSD-questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Mysql323-server install question

	Hello

	I have some questions regarding the installation of some ports.
Though, as it isn't imho ports specific, i ask here. Please excuse me if
I'm wrong =)

	I've tried to install mysql323-server. "make" works well, but,
typing "make install" fails when coming to the point of running the
"mysql_install_db" script, complaining as following :

mkdir: cannot make directory `/var/db/mysql': File exists
mkdir: cannot make directory `/var/db/mysql/mysql': File exists
mkdir: cannot make directory `/var/db/mysql/test': File exists

	The files/directories don't exist and of course when mysql try to
test the dbs, it fails =)

	Why does it tell me that files already exist ? Why can't it create
them ?

	I've thought about a flags problem on /var but it doesn't seem to
have any :

drwxr-xr-x  19 root  wheel  -     512 May 27 14:09 var

	(by the way, to have the expected display with ls -lo, ie having it
display the flags of files, I must run /bin/ls and not just ls. Does it
have something to do with the fact that I'm running zsh ?)

	And I'm running at level -1 of kernel.securelevel (FreeBSD
4.5-RELEASE with an up-to-date release=cvs port tree)

	Thanks for any answers

	Vincent