Date:      Sat, 6 Nov 1999 21:05:47 +0100 (MET)
From:      Gerard Roudier <groudier@club-internet.fr>
To:        Ollivier Robert <roberto@keltia.freenix.fr>
Cc:        scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SYM driver available for -stable

On Sat, 6 Nov 1999, Ollivier Robert wrote:

> Gerard Roudier disait :
> > May-be, some Vinum array using something like 3..6 ultra-fast disks sho=
uld
> > be used for these kind of comparisons.
>=20
> If you give me the disks, I'd happy to do any test you want :-)

If I had them :(, I would have already posted corresponding results.
And if I had also equivalent controllers from other brands I would already
have posted comparative benchmarks, by the way.

> > Thanks a lot for your testing. I will try to understand the LED issue a=
nd
> > let you know when I have some diffs.
>=20
> Thanks.

Hope the fix I sent does fit.
 =20
> > BTW, I donnot see any bad effect of using reasonable numbers tags with
> > your hard disk under Bonnie.=20
>=20
> Neither am I. I've removed the quirk entry in cam_xpt.c...

My little finger told me that this quirk will be slightly adjusted, at
least in -current. ;)=20

G=E9rard.