Date:      Wed, 15 Mar 2000 19:02:28 +0000
From:      Mark Ovens <mark@ukug.uk.freebsd.org>
To:        Caleb Land <bokonon@rochester.rr.com>
Cc:        Joe Park <joepark@uclink4.berkeley.edu>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: xmms

On Wed, Mar 15, 2000 at 05:38:56AM -0500, Caleb Land wrote:
> Hello,
> 	I don't think the port of xmms works properly (at least not on my
> 4.0-CURRENT box),

Works OK for me on 4.0-CURRENT (and 3.4-STABLE before that).

> but what I did to get xmms working was to install the
> linux RPM, and linux emulation.  It works well, and doesn't crash.  I don't
> know about playing CDs though, I have never done that with XMMS.

Playing CD's seems broken in the latest version (1.0.1) but it did
work in 0.9.5.1.

I get this as soon as I try to open the CD in xmms:

(cd0:sym0:0:6:0): ILLEGAL REQUEST asc:24,0
(cd0:sym0:0:6:0): Invalid field in CDB sks:c0,6
(cd0:sym0:0:6:0): READ TOC/PMA/ATIP {MMC Proposed}. CDB: 43 2 0 0 0 0 9 0 c 0
(cd0:sym0:0:6:0): ILLEGAL REQUEST asc:24,0
(cd0:sym0:0:6:0): Invalid field in CDB sks:c0,6

Any ideas?

> Hope this helps,
> Caleb Land
> (bokonon@rochester.rr.com)

	Linux:     Where do you want to go tomorrow?
	BSD:       Are you guys coming, or what?
			              -Poster at LinuxWorld 2000