Date:      Sun, 01 Aug 1999 22:28:12 -0400
From:      Mike <bigmike@Mlink.net>
To:        wwoods@cybcon.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Sound and weird errors....

Hi

I used to have the same problem... What you have to do is in /dev you
type ./MAKEDEV snd1
to make your devices ... This worked to eliminate the error message for
me ...

But I still can't get any sound of my Soundblaster PCI128 .... Programs
keep telling me I have no mixer now ... even though I have /dev/mixer
and /dev/mixer1 ...
go figure ...

Mike