Date:      Wed, 18 Apr 2001 17:17:16 -0400
From:      Mikel <mikel@ocsinternet.com>
To:        freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Windriver, Slackware and FreeBSD

Of course this issue does concern all of us who advocate the various uses of
fBSD. And in as much as I doubt that much will occur to change the free
usage of fBSD or even the free access to resources relating to fBSD. I feel
quite confident that we as a community will come together and make what ever
resources available that would be required to maintain the myriad of web,
cvs, and ftp servers. I am absolutely sure that there we are an amazingly
resilient community, and that we will not let fBSD be diverted, nor
abused...

I can guarantee that if things were to dissolve between the fBSD crew and IX
Systems, there would be no shortage of offers for co-location space,
connectivity and the like so that the fBSD project will continue on. I know
of one concrete offer already and the project need say the word and it will
be done.

Cheers,
Mikel