Date:      Sun, 01 Nov 1998 18:41:34 -0500
From:      wolverine@futuretek.net
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   memory question

I did not know who to post or ask this question of.
I am running 2.2.2 Release and I have 2 questions. First one, I have a
compaq computer I am running this on. It has 40mb memory, 540 HD, and a
network card (10/100) to the internet. My problem is when it boots up it
only shows 16mb of memory not the 40mb that's installed. Can you tell me
how to solve this problem. I am not the best at Unix, I am teaching
myself how to use it. Oh btw, the unit is running DNS, Apache web
server, and a couple of cgi and pl programs.
Second question, can I upgrade to the latest version of FreeBSD without
losing any of my current data and settings. If I can then how do I do
that.
Thanks for your time and understanding in this matter.

Ed Sanzalone
Sysop
Futuretek Online Services

--
This E-mail sent by:
Futuretek Online Services - One of NJ's fastest growing Bulletin Boards