Date:      Wed, 22 Mar 2000 00:50:10 -0800 (PST)
From:      tr@econsci.net
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   SCSI error with 4.0R install

I am getting a SCSI error when I try to do an install of 4.0R. After I do
the kernel configuration, and get the error message "waiting 15 seconds
for SCSI devices to settle". The message is dumped to the screen in a
continuous stream and never stops. The message is as follows:

sym0: PCI STATUS = 0x8100 (noperiph:sym0:0:-1:-1): SCSI BUS reset
detected. sym0:0: ERROR (40:0) (e-ae-0) (0/5) @ (script 88:1e000000).
sym0: script cmd = 82030000
sym0: regdump: da 10 80 05 47 00 00 0e 00 0e 00 ae 80 00 blah, blah ...

The machine works fine doing a 3.2, 3.3, or 3.4 install, and is currently
running 3.4R. The hardware includes:
K6 266MHz
Diamond Fireport 40 (Symbios 53c875)
Quantum Atlas III 4.5 UW

I know that the SCSI bus is terminated properly, so I am at a loss. Any
help would be appreciated.

-Tor