Date:      Wed, 06 Jan 1999 22:38:02 +0900
From:      "Daniel C. Sobral" <dcs@newsguy.com>
To:        "Chris D. Faulhaber" <jedgar@speck.ml.org>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: cannot load any lkm with ELF kernel

"Chris D. Faulhaber" wrote:

> That would be because (correct me if I'm wrong) lkm's are a.out.  With an
> elf kernel, use dynamically-linkable modules (kld's) located in /modules.
> man kldload/kldunload/kldstat for usage.

A previous message gave me the impression that you can still load
a.out lkms with elf kernels (thus protecting third-party a.out
module's investment). More likely, I'd think is that FreeBSD doesn't
come with lkm's anymore, having all been replaced by lkds.

Possibly, a revision problem exists that prevent the old lkms
installed from being loaded.

--
Daniel C. Sobral			(8-DCS)
dcs@newsguy.com

	"Heart like a Gabriel, pure and white as ivory,
	soul like a lucifer, black and cold as a piece of lead."