Date:      Sun, 19 May 1996 20:40:51 +0100
From:      David Leask <David.Leask@cl.cam.ac.uk>
To:        hardware@freebsd.org
Cc:        David.Leask@cl.cam.ac.uk
Subject:   Cx486 DX2-80

Hi all,

Just a quick query with regards to FreeBSD & Cyrix CPUs.

I am looking at buying a (second-hand) PC with a Cx486 DX2-80 CPU.
When I checked through the archives I found a post from Jordan
saying:

>> 4) Does FreeBSD support Cyrix processors?
>
> Yes, but I'd hardly recommend one!

This was from early 1995.

Is this advice still valid? (and, roughly speaking, why?)
Should I keep looking?

Cheers,
-David Leask.

--
Computer Laboratory, Cambridge University    phone:  +44 1223 334477
New Museums Site, Pembroke Street            fax:    +44 1223 334678