Date:      Sun, 17 Aug 1997 22:42:16 -0300 (ADT)
From:      The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org>
To:        hackers@postgreSQL.org
Subject:   [HACKERS] innd remalloc failure *after* setting MEMDSIZ

Hi...

	After going through "the archives", and finding the suggestion of increasing
MEMDSIZ to 256Meg, and recompiling/running the new kernel...I'm still getting
the remalloc 'crash' with innd.

	The kernel is 2.2.2-RELEASE, innd is 1.6b3...I have an 'unlimit' at the
beginning of ~news/etc/rc.news...

	Can anyone think of something else to try, in order to fix this?

	My machine is a P166, with 128Meg of RAM, and 430Meg of SWAP...is datasize
the only thing that would affect this particular problem?

Marc G. Fournier
Systems Administrator @ hub.org