Date:      Thu, 09 Mar 2000 23:02:25 +0100
From:      Hans Ottevanger <hansot@iae.nl>
To:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        sos@freebsd.dk
Subject:   RC3 install floppies: panic: resource_list_alloc: resource entry is busy

Hi folks,

I just tried to boot the RC3 install floppies on my Pentium 66 testbox.
It gets through the config stage without trouble, but then panics
immediately with:

pcib0: <Host to PCI bridge> on motherboard
pci0: <PCI bus> on pcib0
atapci0: <RZ 100? ATA controller !WARNING! buggy chip data loss
possible> port 0
x3f4-0x3f7,0x1f0-0x1f7 at device 1.0 on pci0
atapci0: Busmastering DMA not supported
panic: resource_list_alloc: resource entry is busy

I am also having this problem with 4.0-CURRENT kernels since February
18, both with my own custom kernel config and GENERIC.
I have to revert to the ata driver of February 17 or earlier to get the
system booting again, and then it runs perfectly.

This machine has an Intel motherboard with a Mercury chipset, 64 Mbyte
RAM, Matrox Millenium II, two Western Digital disks, and it ran all
previous FreeBSD releases perfectly for almost five years.

Anybody else having this problem ?
And before I start digging, any idea where to look for a solution, if it
makes sense at all ?

Kind regards,

Hans