Date:      Sun, 1 Jan 2012 17:54:59 -0500
From:      Robert Huff <roberthuff@rcn.com>
To:        Walter Alejandro Iglesias <roquesor@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: DNS

Walter Alejandro Iglesias writes:

>  Time ago I made the attempt to setup my own DNS in the same
>  machine I had my web server running.  DNS was the only thing I
>  was not able to automatically update in the system with my
>  scripts each time a new customer purchased a service.  It would
>  be wonderful for me if you or anyone here at least confirm me if
>  it is really possible.

	What is possible - updating using scripts, or running BIND on
the same machine as a web server (presumably Apache)?
	While I'm sure someone has written them, I don't know of any
scripts that will "update" (whatever that means) BIND configuration
files that are included either as part of the base system or as
ports.
	However, running BIND and Apache is certainly possible - the
machine I'm typing this on does exactly that.

				Robert Huff