Date:      Sat, 06 Jan 1996 17:04:57 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.tfs.com>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: If you want to see a FreeBSD magazine, please respond to this one!

> One of the reasons I have not responded to any of this, is that the
> handfull of issues I have seen of the Linux Journal were not the kind
> of stuff I would even consider reading if it were to be sent to me for
> free.

Well, there are several (IMHO not incompatible) goals here:

1. Publish something for "the masses" and with mass appeal.  I would
   posit that neither you nor I truly have an accurate "feel" for this;
   we're hackers with a hacker's myopia.  Let someone else worry about it!

2. Publish something by and for the more technically proficient (who are
   bored silly by 90% of what they see in LJ anyway).

Why not work on #2 and actively encourage #1?  In the mass appeal
category, you almost can't have too many magazines.

					Jordan