Date:      Fri, 04 Dec 1998 15:43:11 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>
To:        Dom Mitchell <dom@phmit.demon.co.uk>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: sysinstall question

> Question for all the sysinstall gurus:  I've just downloaded the
> 3.0-RELEASE boot.flp and fixit.flp to try and fix my busted 3.0
> bootblocks install (I shoulda read more first...).  When I try to insert
> the fixit floppy, when prompted for, I'm getting:

The "Fixit" feature is broken in 3.0. :(  I'm working on fixing it
now, 2.2.8 just sort of sidetracked me for a bit.

> mountmsdosfs(): bad bpb
>
> Does anybody have an idea why this is?  Why is it even trying to mount
> the fixit floppy as an msdos filesystem?  I have tried two different
> floppy disks, just in case, BTW.

All floppies are mounted both ways until something succeeds, just in
case you might have put the files on DOS.  Probably not apropos for
the fixit case but the same floppy reading code is standard across all
of sysinstall and in other cases it does make sense.  In any case,
that's not the error that's really messing things up. :)

- Jordan