Date:      Wed, 31 Mar 1999 18:16:21 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Christoph Weber-Fahr <listmail@helena.callcenter.systemhaus.net>
To:        garyj@muc.de
Subject:   Re: vanishing isdnd - what debug ?

Hello,

> Christoph Weber-Fahr writes:
> >
> >with 0.71 on FreeBSD 2.2.7 I experienced a few occasions recently
> >of isdnd simply disappearing. Sometimnes during more or less
> >idle connections the thing is simply gone, without traces in any logs
> >or screen messages of any sort. (Of course the connection is gone then,
> >too :-)
> >
> >Any suggestions of which debugging options I should activate in order
> >to get some more insight into this ?
> >

> What do you mean by "disappearing" ? Does isdnd simply exit ?

I have no idea. When I look it's not there any more. No Process,
no ability to switch to its console screen.

> Have you checked whether there's a core file left behind ? i

Yes. There is none.

> If there is
> then you should probably recompile isdnd with -g so you can look at it
> with gdb.

> You could just turn on all the isdnd trace and hope that it provides a
> clue.

Hm... I just hoped to get a hint on specific debug settings.
(Or, of course, on someone having seen this before...).

Ok, I will try the -d0xf9, as given in the examples...

Regards

Christoph Weber-Fahr