Date:      Mon, 23 Feb 2009 01:16:20 -0800
From:      Jack Twilley <jmt@twilley.org>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   RT2860 support

Is there any support for the Ralink RT2860 wireless device that I can
use in 8-CURRENT?  I have an Eee 1000 that uses this chipset for
wireless and I'm eager to help test code or do what I can to be able to
use the WiFi on this laptop.  I looked through the source tree and saw
the firmware in the contrib section but I haven't been able to get
8-CURRENT to acknowledge the device's existence.

FreeBSD eeeve 8.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 8.0-CURRENT #2: Tue Feb 10 15:03:26
PST 2009     root@eeeve:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/ASUS-EEEPC-901-8.0  i386

Let me know if there's anything I can do to help -- the wireless and the
webcam are the only devices left that don't work and the webcam isn't
nearly as important to me as the wireless.  Thanks!

Jack.