Date:      Tue, 29 Dec 2009 15:40:03 GMT
From:      Manuel Tobias Schiller <mala@hinterbergen.de>
To:        freebsd-sparc64@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: sparc64/142102: FreeBSD 8.0 kernel panics on sparc64 when accessing NFS

The following reply was made to PR sparc64/142102; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Manuel Tobias Schiller <mala@hinterbergen.de>
To: Marius Strobl <marius@alchemy.franken.de>
Cc: Mark Linimon <linimon@lonesome.com>, FreeBSD-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Subject: Re: sparc64/142102: FreeBSD 8.0 kernel panics on sparc64 when
 accessing NFS
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2009 16:34:11 +0100

 On Tue, 29 Dec 2009 01:58:29 +0100
 Marius Strobl <marius@alchemy.franken.de> wrote:
 > I'm using a more or less current HEAD but the NFS code hasn't
 > changed that much since 8.0, at least it doesn't contain any
 > other alignment fixes I'm aware of.
 > I think I got what the problem is but I still haven't managed
 > to reproduce it so far. Could you please test whether the
 > following patch makes a difference?
 > http://people.freebsd.org/~marius/fha_extract_info_realign.diff
 >
 > Marius

 I applied the patch, compiled the kernel and rebooted. NFS read access
 seems to work as before. When I try to write to the server, the server
 locks up solid, i.e. I do not even get a kernel panic reported on the
 serial console, so I can't give you a backtrace or anything. I had to
 disconnect the cable from the wall outlet to the power supply to restart
 it. It came up without problems, though.

 Manuel

 --
 Homepage: http://www.hinterbergen.de/mala