Date:      Wed, 18 Dec 2002 23:13:59 +0100
From:      Dan Lukes <dan@obluda.cz>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ipfw userland breaks again.

mux@FreeBSD.ORG wrote, On 12/14/02 23:13:

 > I have a patch here which makes the IPFIREWALL_DEFAULT_TO_ACCEPT tunable
 > at module load time using a kernel environment variable.  Looks to me
 > that it would do what you want.

	Should we think about kldload logic change ?
seems to be most generic way to do the things (not only with ipfw) ...
	The syscall allow arbitrary string as parameter, so it's not limited to
filename only, event routine declaration already has the void *data
variable, so the necesarry changes doesn't hit the userland (kldload)
nor modules code (unless they decide to parse the parameters).

				Dan

--
Dan Lukes     tel: +420 2 21914205, fax: +420 2 21914206
root of  FIONet, KolejNET,  webmaster  of www.freebsd.cz