Date:      Sun, 2 Jun 2013 05:31:38 -0700
From:      David Wolfskill <david@catwhisker.org>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Can't build devel/qt4-corelib any more -- help?

--k+w/mQv8wyuph6w0

On Sun, Jun 02, 2013 at 12:37:35PM +0300, Raphael Kubo da Costa wrote:
> > /var/db/pkg
> > albert(9.1-S)[10] echo qt*
> > echo: No match.
> > albert(9.1-S)[11]
>=20
> Can you also check that you don't have some stray q* headers in
> /usr/local/include?

Sorry; I erred: I was confused about which system was involved.  The
above wasn't the "problem child" -- that ... honor ... was reserved for
my desktop at work.

And that one did have qt-3.3.8_14 installed.  :-(

"pkg_delete qt-3.3.8_14" reported that:
pkg_delete: package 'qt-3.3.8_14' is required by these other packages
and may not be deinstalled:
pinentry-0.8.1_3
gnupg-2.0.20

So... fine; one "pkg_delete -f qt-3.3.8_14" later, and it was gone.

I then attempted "portmaster security/pinentry security/gnupg" (in
an attempt to ensure that they wouldn't wander off into the weeds
or something equally non-useful).  That failed, claiming:

=3D=3D=3D>>> security/pinentry 1/2 >> x11-toolkits/qt33 (1/1)
0;portmaster: security/pinentry 1/2 >> x11-toolkits/qt33 (1/1)^G
=3D=3D=3D>>> Port directory: /usr/ports/x11-toolkits/qt33

        =3D=3D=3D>>> This port is marked DEPRECATED
        =3D=3D=3D>>> No upstream activity since 2008; unmaintained

        =3D=3D=3D>>> If you are sure you can build it, remove the
               DEPRECATED line in the Makefile and try again.

=3D=3D=3D>>> Update for x11-toolkits/qt33 failed
=3D=3D=3D>>> Aborting update

It *finally* occurred to me that maybe there was a (default?) option set
for security/pinentry that might be bringing in QT3.

So I tried "portmaster --force-config security/pinentry security/gnupg";
sure enough, all of the options for pinentry -- including one labelled
"QT3	Qt3 frontend" -- were selected.  I de-selected that one, and
that step then proceeded without further incident.

After that, I was able to install devel/qt4-corelib.  (I then ran
"portmaster --check-depends" -- just because I figured it couldn't
hurt.)

In my defense, I suspect that it had been a few years since I had looked
at the options for security/pinentry.  And the port's Makefile, at
r317525, appears to specify QT3 as a default option.  (Or am I confused
-- about that, I mean?)

IIRC, I only picked up security/pinentry as a port on which
security/gnupg depended -- it was pretty far from my focus at the time
(of initially installing gnupg -- probably a bit over 5 years ago).  And
ports on which security/pinentry depended would be even further from my
focus:  I'm not really a developer; I don't write Qt applications.  I
merely wanted to be able to handle PGP-compatible signing & encryption
in mutt.

In any case: Thank you *very* much for your help.  I doubt I would have
made the connection to Qt3 had it not been pointed out to me rather
explicitly.

Peace,
david
--=20
Taliban: Evil men with guns afraid of truth from a 14-year old girl.

--k+w/mQv8wyuph6w0

--k+w/mQv8wyuph6w0--