Date:      Fri, 28 Apr 1995 10:09:26 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      roberto@blaise.ibp.fr (Ollivier Robert)
To:        agl@mac.glas.apc.org (Anthony Graphics)
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Is there any FAQ on thge serial in FreeBSD?

> That's nice. Ok, is there any way to use getty with modem in
> the command mode (i.e. ATS=3D0 and wait for "RING") so that it won't
> pick up the phone when the system is down or shan't I be doing it?

You don't want to do that really. You'd have to open /dev/cuaa0 as
dialin device and it would defeat the purpose of bidirectionnal
ports. Anyway, if DTR is down (AT&C1&D2) your modem even in auto-answer
should not pick up the line.

> >=20

I hate quoted-printable :-)
--
Ollivier ROBERT     -=- The daemon is FREE! -=-     roberto@FreeBSD.ORG
  FreeBSD keltia 2.0.950416-SNAP #17: Sun Apr 16 17:12:07 MET DST 1995