Date:      Wed, 24 Dec 2008 21:02:53 -0600
From:      linimon@lonesome.com (Mark Linimon)
To:        Alfred Perlstein <alfred@freebsd.org>
Cc:        Hans Petter Selasky <hselasky@c2i.net>, Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@freebsd.org>, current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Tracking the open USB2 issues?

On Wed, Dec 24, 2008 at 04:37:10PM -0800, Alfred Perlstein wrote:
> Let's do a gnats catagory.
>
> Anything special I have to do to add a "newusb" catagory?

Something that we could do at much lower cost is to edit the Synopses.

Right some of the USB PRs have the string '[usb]' in the Synopsis.
(Others have such things as '[umass]', '[uplcom]', etc.)

Doing s/usb/usb2/ is something that I could do in an hour or so.
(Adding '[usb2]' to the rest would probably be fairly mechanical.)

Fiddling with GNATS would take longer (and then everyone has to get
some updated files).  But, if that would be clearer for people, we
can do that.

To view PRs by tag:

~gnats/tools/showwithtag usb
http://people.freebsd.org/~linimon/studies/prs/prs_for_tag_usb.html
  (that's generated once per day)
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr-summary.cgi?text=%27%5Busb%5D%27

To view all the category 'usb' PRs:

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr-summary.cgi?category=usb

I'm willing to be ringleader for the work, whichever way we decide
we want to go.

My own view is that a number of people will not properly select the
usb vs. usb2 category, and we'll have to do manual fixups anyways.

mcl