Date:      Wed, 14 Oct 1998 00:51:19 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Stephen C. Comoletti" <stevec@delanet.com>
To:        (Mr.Blue) <blue@niftynet.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Odd window manager behavior

On 14-Oct-98 Mr.Blue wrote:
> stevec@delanet.com,Internet writes:
>>I have a P-II/266, 64 megs ram, 5.7gig eide drive, zip, toshiba cdrom, usr
>>56k v90, etc etc. the usuals. I am running FreeBSD 2.2.6 on it. I have
>>previously used qvwm, however grew tired of it. So I tried ICEWM. Overall
>>like it the best of the different managers provided with the distribution
>>CD's.
>>
>>Ok..now, my problem is this.. Under ICEWM, ICQ is unable to create new
>>windows for sending/receiving events. They appear for a brief instant, and
>>disappear as fast as you can blink. It logs events as received even tho I
>>never get to view them. This only happens in ICEWM btw.. olvwm, fvwm, qvwm
>>all worked fine.
>
> I don't have a solution to your problem (sorry) but i would like to ask
> you a question.  I'm BSD on almost the same system as you are.... and i
> haven't been able to get ICQ working at all.  it just flashes some screen
> for about 1/30th of a second and goes away.... did you encounter this
> problem... if so how did you fix it?
>
> -Chris

I never encountered that one..I grabbed ICQ off the Mirabilis web site. It went
in without even the slightest problem. I do wish they would upgrade it..the
win95 version is 20x more advanced. But it does work.. Not till I put in ICEWM
did I have any trouble with it.

E-Mail: Stephen C. Comoletti <stevec@delanet.com>