Date:      Sat, 04 Nov 2006 22:35:55 -0600
From:      Greg Groth <ggroth@gregs-garage.com>
To:        Michael S <msherman77@yahoo.com>
Subject:   Re: SugarCRM

Michael S wrote:
> Good day all.
>
> I am looking into installing SugarCRM for a friend of
> mine. First of all, those who have installed and using
> this package on FreeBSD, I wanted to know their
> impressions on the installation and behaviour of the
> software.
> Second of all I saw on the FreeBSD ports page that
> SugarCRM requires the following:
> XFree86-libraries-4.5.0, expat-2.0.0_1,
> fontconfig-2.3.2_6,1, freetype2-2.2.1_1.
> I wanted to know what X libraries are for and whether
> they are necessary. I had assumed that it's a
> PHP/Apache/MySQL type of setup.
>
> Thanks in advance.
> Michael

Can't say anything about the X libraries, but I attempted to install
SugarCRM a couple weeks ago.  I found out after running into a bunch of
erros, and much digging around for answers, that the current FreeBSD
port is incompatible with PHP5 & MySQL5.  The most current source that
is available on the SugarCRM website is now compatible with MySQL5, but
not yet compatible with PHP5.  I believe the current FreeBSD SugarCRM
port has been updated to recognize this issue.  However I already had
PHP5 & MySQL5 installed on the server, and didn't feel like rolling them
back to previous versions, and ended up installing vtiger instead.

Best regards,
Greg Groth