Date:      Sun, 10 Oct 1999 01:25:38 -0400
From:      "Gary Palmer" <gjp@in-addr.com>
To:        Mohit Aron <aron@cs.rice.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: arp errors on machines with two interfaces

Mohit Aron wrote in message ID
<199910091650.LAA08261@cs.rice.edu>:
> I don't have control over the hardware. But here's a possibility -
> wouldn't it be better if this error message generation in FreeBSD is
> turned off if the packet is an arp broadcast ? Like I showed in my
> earlier mail, the problem only happens due to arp broadcasts.

Turning it off for ARP broadcasts would defeat the purpose of the
message, which is to alert the user to a broken network layout, or
someone attempting to steal your traffic.  I'd much rather you fix
your network layout (e.g. by putting the RFC1918 network on a seperate
VLAN on the switch) rather than trying to change FreeBSD.