Date:      Sat, 06 Dec 1997 14:22:37 +1030
From:      Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
To:        "Glenn Dicus" <gdicus@nomadix.com>
Cc:        "Mobile FreeBSD" <mobile@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: PC Card Initialization

> Correct!  I have fixed the problem this problem.  However, I am now getting
> resource allocation errors and pccardc does not recognize the CIS on all my
> cards.

Don't bother with *anything* until pccardc can give you a meaningful
dump of the CIS.  Nothing else will work until this is happening.

You *must* establish why reading the CIS is failing; in your case that
will probably involve walking through the pccard code with the SC400
documentation in hand until you locate the point at which things
diverge from expectations.  I'd start with a great slab of extra
debugging printfs() in the pcic code around the point where the code
tries to talk to the cards.

mike

(I can't hit AMD's website just now, or I'd go look and see if there
was anything obvious in the docco/app notes.)