Date:      Tue, 16 Dec 2008 15:59:23 +0200
From:      Ott =?iso-8859-1?q?K=F6stner?= <ottk@zzz.ee>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Python with many threads

Hello list,

Trying to run Grub Next Generation Python Client (http://grub.org/?q=3Den/n=
ode/204) on my FreeDSD 7.1 box with as many
threads as possible. Python version is 2.5.2.

The question is, what limits the number of concurrent threads I can run? I =
have free memory and cpu, but starting from around 50 threads, Python start=
s to give random errors like this:

Exception in thread 30:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.5/threading.py", line 486, in __bootstrap_in=
ner
    self.run()

The number of errors increases rapidly with even bigger number of threads. =
Is there any way I can increase the maximum number of Python threads?

With best regards,
O.K.

=2D-=20
M=F5=F5da oma inteneti kiirust / Test Your Internet speed
http://speedtest.zzz.ee/