Date:      Sat, 19 Apr 1997 11:27:33 -0700
From:      Mark Corsi <mcorsi@webtraverse.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Installation

Help!

I am fairly new to Unix in general and FreeBSD specifically. I fdisked my
hard drive on a 486 box in order to make room for the FreeBSD installation.
I created the boot floppy from the FreeBSD CD-ROM and rebooted the 486. I
went through all the selections on the Novice installation and when it
asked me where I was installing from I said CD_ROM. (I have a panasonic cd
rom) Upon hitting enter, I received a return that the device was not
supported. Now I can't get the system to recognize the drive at all.

Where do I find the proper driver(s) and how do I install them on the boot
floppy so I can continue the installation from CD_ROM??

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mark Corsi