Date:      Sun, 08 Sep 1996 04:14:30 -0400
From:      Kurt Schafer <kurt@cyberbeach.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Does sendmail use ICMP ?

As most of you know, I've been haunted lately by some nagging problems. I
was looking at the filter tables in my Cisco 2501 and noticed some problems
with the way it was handling ICMP.

Could improperly managed ICMP filters cause sendmail to die on OUTBOUND mail
only ? Perhaps the remote systems try to do a reverse ping back or
something. I'm weak on the actual workings of ICMP except that I've been
'ping bombed' by competitors which was annoying.

-Kurt
.
(whoops, I'm in Eudora at the moment, . doesn't work now does it...)