Date:      Fri, 19 Jan 2001 07:38:53 +0100
From:      Andreas Klemm <andreas@klemm.gtn.com>
To:        "Vladimir N. Silyaev" <vsilyaev@mindspring.com>, Nick Sayer <nsayer@quack.kfu.com>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: VMware port installs bridge vmnet1, but needs vmnet0 on startup

--+g7M9IMkV8truYOl

On Thu, Jan 18, 2001 at 04:21:02PM -0800, Nick Sayer wrote:
> Don't tell the configuration editor in vmware that you're using a=20
> bridged interface. Select 'host only' even though you may
> be using netgraph bridging. Trust me. :-)

Thank you, will try that.

Well, now FreeBSD simply hangs and reboots after 5 seconds.
O.k., I didn't reboot after editing configuration to "host-only".

I resolved now every remaining issue. Changed mouse type SysMouse
to ps/2, because vmware couldn't handle that. I'm using floppy and
CD-Rom on startup.

Used profile for Win2000 with 64MB RAM default.

I have lots of ~196, so that shouldn't be a problem.

I run vmware as user. On a virtual disk 2 GB on my /dos
filesystem which is a FAT32 filesys mounted under my users
UID and GID.

Now I created a new profile. 500 MB virtual disk, changed virtual
disk to be on UFS, mad sure floppy and CD-ROM are owned by my user...

Mouse freezes immediately, after 5 seconds reload ...

What do you need for debugging ?

	Andreas ///

--=20
Andreas Klemm                                           Powered by FreeBSD =
SMP
Songs from our band >>64Bits<<............http://www.apsfilter.org/64bits.h=
tml
My homepage................................ http://people.FreeBSD.ORG/~andr=