Date:      Wed, 29 Jan 2003 11:07:29 +1030
From:      bastill@adam.com.au
To:        Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
Cc:        Mike Meyer <mwm@mired.org>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Fixit instructions

Quoting Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>:

> On 2003-01-28 17:17, bastill@adam.com.au wrote:
> > Quoting Mike Meyer <mwm@mired.org>:
> > > There are also some writeups on the FreeBSD web site on
> > > troubleshooting.
> >
> > Don't doubt you, but that is the first place I looked on the
> > Internet.  That info is well hidden, I think.
>
> Not quite.  I believe by 'troubleshooting' Mike was referring to the
> FAQ section.  It should be pretty easy to find, if you start browsing
> at [ http://www.FreeBSD.org/docs.html ].  The first page of the site,
> at [ http://www.FreeBSD.org/ ], contains various documentation links.
>
> I wouldn't call that `hidden'.

May I respectfully ask you to follow your own advice?
Then - assuming you do not already know the answer (as obviously, I don't)
determine which of the documents would tell you how to use the Fixit disk.

BTW, Mike and Chuck gave info which is not accurate for v5 Release Disk2 (It's
OK for v4.6, except that /mnt2/usr/bin doen't exist) and apart from one O'Reilly
book which I shall seek out, they basically suggest simply that  I read all the
man pages for the commands available in Fixit mode.

FBSD has excellent documentation in so many areas that I find it VERY strange
that Fixit use is such an exception.  I can't even get a description of the
Fixit structure or a list of all the commands available, other than by booting
from the Fixit CD and looking.  That's odd.

--
Brian

--
Brian