Date:      23 Sep 2001 18:01:48 -0700
From:      swear@blarg.net (Gary W. Swearingen)
To:        "Juha Saarinen" <juha@saarinen.org>
Cc:        "'Nik Clayton'" <nik@FreeBSD.ORG>, "'Kevin Oberman'" <oberman@es.net>, <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: loopback not working for anything other than 127.0.0.1

"Juha Saarinen" <juha@saarinen.org> writes:

> I thought about some of the things mentioned in that thread, and having
> the ability to use some of the 127/8 addresses could actually be useful.
> Is it possible to create aliases for the loopback interface?

I'm not sure this is relevant, but I wondered if the KERNCONF syntax
"pseudo-device  loop  [count]" holds like it does for
"pseudo-device  ppp  [count]", to create, say, a "lo1" device, but
there's no loop(4) man page like there is a ppp(4) man page.

(Anyone want to write a loop(4) man page?  I don't.)

I only looked at source as far as /sys/net/if_loop.c where it appears
to me that multiple "lo" devices are supported.  I suppose they would
assigned numbers other than "127.0.0.1".