Date:      Thu, 15 Sep 2005 15:13:17 +0200
From:      Andreas Kohn <andreas.kohn@gmail.com>
To:        Panagiotis Astithas <past@ebs.gr>
Cc:        "barbara.xxx1975" <barbara.xxx1975@libero.it>, freebsd-eclipse <freebsd-eclipse@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: java/eclipse: error building WITH_MOZILLA=mozilla

On Thu, 2005-09-15 at 16:02 +0300, Panagiotis Astithas wrote:
> Andreas Kohn wrote:
> > Hi,

> >>You are not supposed to ever use WITH_MOZILLA=mozilla.
> >
> > I don't like this at all. WITH_MOZILLA=mozilla is a perfectly valid
> > setting for other mozilla-using ports, and people probably have their
> > preference in /etc/make.conf (I do).
>
> Never heard of that before. Can you mention the ports that have such a
> complete logic that can handle all variations? I'd like to copy their logic.

Every mozilla-using port uses a different logic for interpreting
WITH_MOZILLA.
One example would be x11/yelp:
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/~checkout~/ports/x11/yelp/Makefile?rev=1.39&content-type=text/plain
This Makefile has a default for mozilla, and can work with all other
mozillas.
The x11/yelp/Makefile from gnome 2.12 ports at
http://www.marcuscom.com:8080/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/~checkout~/ports/x11/yelp/Makefile?rev=1.60&content-type=text/plain
even has a default of firefox instead of mozilla.

The only mozilla missing here would be firefox-devel, but that's quite
easy to handle as well.

--
Andreas

--
<TalisA> was macht man eigentlich auf einer linux-gamer lan ? hl server
aufsetzen und freuen ? *duck* ^^