Date:      Mon, 06 Mar 2000 21:42:38 -0700
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        manning@uclink4.berkeley.edu
Cc:        freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: PCMCIA

In message <38C452FF.5A98D8D6@uclink4.berkeley.edu> manning@uclink4.berkeley.edu writes:
: Yes, PCMCIA. On the Alpha :)

No.  It won't work.  Sorry.  You lose.  Game over.  The sys/pccard
code is too i386 specific.  Or at least traditionally has been.

There might be a chance that you could make this work.  NEWCARD will
likely work for you when it is done.

Hmmm, maybe it is time for me to go snag an alpha and shove my pcic
isa card into that...

: I have a pcmcia ethernet card in there now. It's a Wisecom PC100. Would
: the Wiseman driver work for that?

I'm not sure.  Don't know anything about the wiseman driver.

Warner