Date:      Sun, 28 Oct 2001 12:56:19 -0800
From:      "Sean Noonan" <snoonan@snoonan.com>
To:        "'freebsd-questions@FreeBSD. ORG'" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   PROB:  building ports when /usr/ports is a symbolic link?

Hi everyone,

I have several FreeBSD boxes and I don't want to cvsup the ports collection
on all of them, only one of them.  I've created a symbolic link on the box
that does not have a real /usr/ports directory to the ports directory on the
box that actually has a /usr/ports directory (e.g., cd /usr ; ln -s
portspc:/usr/ports /ports).

Builds seem to go okay, but when it comes time to actually copying the
compiled binaries it puts them on the wrong machine, that is on the machine
with real /usr/ports directory.

I'm sure there's got to be an easy work-around for this, would somebody
please share it with me?

Thanks,

Sean Noonan