Date:      Sat, 03 May 1997 02:04:12 -0400
From:      "Kevin P. Neal" <kpneal@pobox.com>
To:        boards@nise-ch.nosc.mil
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SPAM target

At 09:01 AM 5/2/97 -0400, Stephen Board wrote:
>I got this from another spam message sent to me.  Maybee we

I get these as well.

In fact, I now get more junk email than junk mail.

That's right. I still have about 100-150 pieces of email to read. One of the
ones I have read was from a spammer. Today in the mail I got a flyer from
some company selling towels (and that's all the junk mail).

>message body.

This is a total crock of sh*t. This doesn't work: I forward *all* of my
cyberpromo mail back at this address, and nothing ever happens (except
more junk mail).

Something has to be done, and I'm not talking about my email program
filtering out the messages (cause I still have to retrieve them).
I hate to bring the government into this, but the telcos are going to have
to just pull the plug on these guys (which won't happen). Then again,
if they make this illegal, then they are just going to move out of the
country and send the mail anyway.

Guns. Big ones. That's what we need. (I'm venting, of course)
--
XCOMM Kevin P. Neal, Junior, Comp. Sci.     -   House of Retrocomputing
XCOMM  mailto:kpneal@pobox.com              -   http://www.pobox.com/~kpn/