Date:      Fri, 30 Jul 1999 18:29:22 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug <Doug@gorean.org>
To:        Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: readdirplus is very cool, any other nfs client suggestions?

On Fri, 30 Jul 1999, Matthew Dillon wrote:

>     The only other major feature is the nq leasing stuff for cache coherency,
>     but it is highly experimental and you probably shouldn't use it.  Plus
>     very few other OS's support it.

	heh... I'm just happy when the stuff works that's supposed to
work. I really don't want to push my luck.

>     There is a lot of tweaking you can do with 'normal' nfs options,
>     such as tuning the read & write block size, adjusting cache timeouts
>     for various parameters, and so forth.
>
>     man mount_nfs and look at the various -o options available.

	Yeah, I've been reading the various man pages and things for quite
a while now and it's starting to synch in. Do you have any suggestions for
additional reading? The O'Reilly book seems a bit out of date, but I'll
try it if folks say it's good. Basically my problem is that there are so
MANY options, and my knowledged about potential side effects is very
limited.

Thanks for your response,

Doug
--
On account of being a democracy and run by the people, we are the only
nation in the world that has to keep a government four years, no matter