Date:      Thu, 11 Sep 1997 06:10:23 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>
To:        conrads@neosoft.com (Conrad Sabatier)
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Errors in kernel build with pnp (2.2-STABLE)

> I should probably try it with the AWEDRV package.  I was reluctant to
> try your sound driver because of the lack of midi and synth devices

midi device only has the ability to communicate with an external midi
device,. It should be a fairly simple driver, except that I have no way
to test it. If someone volunteers to help I can try and work on it. The
stubs are already there in the code since I planned its inclusion, but
there were other priorities.

Things are different for the synthesizer, because there are very
different models. For playing midi files (which requires the
synthesizer, not the midi device!) you can use timidity.

But again, the stubs are there in my code, and so if I find a volunteer
synth might be supported.

> (which I really want!).  Will let you know how it turns out.

	Cheers
	Luigi