Date:      Tue, 31 Jan 95 11:27:50 MST
From:      terry@cs.weber.edu (Terry Lambert)
To:        marques@vax.ox.ac.uk (Jose Marques)
Cc:        FreeBSD-questions@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: Call-back software for FreeBSD

> Does anybody know of, or can recommend, any software to do callback.  I
> have two modems with which I would like to use this facility.

This is a hairy problem.  Security is related to the current state of
SIO signal processing, which is not ideal for this, or for bidirection
line use via mgetty, or, more ideally, a working package that does
what mgetty is supposed to do but is designed correctly to also allow
callback.

This is one of the things I planned on working on eventually.

If you plan on hacking it, there has been significant discussion on the
topic on the lists, so check the archives.

Or I have copious notes, but you'd have to wait for me to transcribe
about 1/3 of them.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@cs.weber.edu
---