Date:      Thu, 2 Sep 1999 14:26:23 +0800 (JST)
From:      "Ramoncito P. Puyat" <googoo@pexxnet.com.ph>
To:        Len Conrad <lconrad@go2france.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: hub.freebsd.org can't find my machine?

We had the same problem at our shop. After a week of trying to figure it
out, we discovered that out DNS was inconsistent with our ISP. (We changed
our server hostname without informing our ISP and that caused confusion
with the DNS and people couldn't send and received mail).

Check your registered hostname at your primary DNS server. It might be
different and a reverse lookup may cause inconsistencies and outright
rejection from other servers.

RAMONCITO P. PUYAT <googoo@pexxnet.com.ph>
Technical Director
PEXBROS, INC.